Resetting is the first step you must take if you face trouble with your dishwasher. Resetting helps the dishwasher to reboot and clear the minor glitches in the control panel. If you don’t know how to reset the whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwasher, you are at the right place.
You can reset your Whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwashers by pressing the “Heated dry” and “Normal” sequences until you hear the beep sound in the dishwasher. You can also hard reset it by unplugging it and letting it sit for 10 minutes. Connect it back to the power supply to complete the reset.
In this article, I will help you understand when and how you can reset your Whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwashers. You will also learn how to reset the control panel. So, keep reading.
Check out our list of top-handpicked products for all your electrical, appliance, and HVAC system needs to keep your home running smoothly.This post includes some affiliate links.
Why should you reset the Whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwasher?
Whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwasher is less noisy and energy-efficient.
This efficient dishwasher in a kitchen saves you lots of time and money, which none can deny.
In the long run, a dishwasher may undergo issues and faults, which is normal for electronic appliances.
In such a case, you must figure out the cause of the issue to fix it effectively.
That being said, when you face issues with a dishwasher, one of the effective fixes is to reset the dishwasher.
That doesn’t mean you should reset the dishwasher often, but you can reset the whirlpool dishwasher when you face the following issues.
Here are some of the common issues when you must reset your Whirlpool dishwasher to fix the issues:
1. The dishwasher is not cleaning the dishes properly
Check if you have loaded the dishes as mentioned in the user manual.
Not loading the dishes in the right way may reduce the efficiency of cleaning.
When a dishwasher is not cleaning the dishes, it may be due to insufficient water supply or the water supply in the dishwasher is not at the right temperature.
Also, if your Whirlpool dishwasher is dirty inside, it will result in the not so cleaned dishes at the end of the washing and rinse cycle.
Check if you are using excess detergent during the wash cycle because using too much detergent will let it leave suds and residue in the dishes.
You can fix this issue by checking all the causes mentioned above in your dishwasher and resetting it.
2. The dishwasher is not draining
Check the filters of your dishwasher when it is not draining.
If the filter gets clogged by dirt and debris, it won’t encourage the efficient draining of the dishwasher.
The drain pump is located at the bottom of the dishwasher and connected to the drain hose to drain the water after the wash cycle is complete.
If the drain pump gets clogged with dirt and debris, water from the dishwasher won’t drain.
Another reason your dishwasher is not draining water may be the blocked drain hose.
To fix this issue, you must check the faulty parts and do a reset to return the dishwasher to working condition.
Resetting may fix the minor issue causing the draining issue in your dishwasher.
3. The control panel in the dishwasher is not responding
A dishwasher control panel is interconnected with various electrical components and wire connections.
If your control panel is not responding, it may be due to glitches or loose wiring issues.
You can fix this issue by resetting the control panel of your whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwashers.
4. If you get wet dishes at the end of the washing cycle
If your dishwasher is not drying the dishes, check if the heating element is burnt out.
The heating element controls the temperature during the dry cycle; if it is burned or damaged, you must replace it.
You must reset the dishwasher after replacing the heating element.
Another reason may be the vent getting stuck at the close position.
As these vents supply hot air to dishes during the washing cycle, dishes will remain wet if they are stuck closed.
A simple reset can fix the issue most of the time.
5. If the delay wash option is selected
A delay option allows the user to load the dishwasher but delays the washing cycle until the time you set.
If the delayed wash option is selected, the dishwasher won’t start.
Sometimes, glitches in the control board will also activate the delay option washing cycle in the dishwasher.
6. If the control lock is activated
Nowadays, almost all electronic devices, including the dishwasher, come with a control lock.
It is because the control panel of the dishwasher operates every operation.
If the control panel is aimlessly operated during the washing, it will break the device and will also cause damage to the people around it.
It is common for a toddler in your house to be curious and wander around the home and kitchen.
If the toddler reaches the dishwasher and aimlessly operates it, you might have to face a hazardous situation.
But when you turn on the control lock feature, the control panel will stop responding except for the power button.
In such events, you can, fortunately, prevent any mishaps.
If the control lock is activated due to the control panel glitches, buttons and the touchpad won’t work.
You must reset your dishwasher to fix the issue.
7. If the sleep mode is activated
A washing cycle cannot be initiated when the sleep mode is activated on the dishwasher.
Deactivate the sleep mode by pressing the pause/start button.
Consider resetting the dishwasher to bring it back to working condition.
Check the dishwasher’s control panel, and if there are any faults in the control panel, you must replace it.
Most of the time, a reset will deactivate the sleep mode.
8. If the door is unlatched
A door unlatched may be due to a faulty door seal.
If door seals are damaged or worn out, it won’t let the door latch well with the dishwasher.
In such a case, you must replace the door seal.
A dishwasher’s door is connected with a door latch that signals the control panel if the door is latched or stays unlatched.
A dishwasher won’t start the washing cycle if the door is unlatched.
Consider resetting the dishwasher to fix the minor glitches in the door latch assembly.
Step-by-step process to reset the Whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwashers
You can reset the dishwasher if you have the above issues.
Now, let’s see the easy steps to reset our dishwasher.
Steps to hard reset your dishwasher
A hard reset will solve most issues in the dishwasher.
Follow the steps mentioned below to hard reset it to fix the issues:
- If your dishwasher is stuck midst the wash cycle, before beginning the resetting process, ensure to unload all the dishes from the racks.
- After unloading the dishes, unplug the dishwasher from the electric outlet. You can unplug it by disconnecting the power cord or turning off the circuit breaker if it is hardwired.
- Let the dishwasher stay disconnected from the electricity for 10 minutes. Plug in the dishwasher after 10 minutes. Now the hard reset is successful.
- Run the dishwasher and check if the issue is resolved, or try the other reset methods mentioned below.
Steps to soft reset your dishwasher
If the above reset doesn’t solve the issue in your dishwasher, consider doing the soft reset by following the steps below.
A soft reset involves pressing two buttons other than disconnecting the power from the dishwasher.
- Open the dishwasher and unload all the dishes from the racks.
- Unplug the dishwasher from the electric supply by removing the power cord or turning off the circuit breaker if your dishwasher is hardwired.
- Let the dishwasher stay disconnected for 10 minutes.
- Plug in the dishwasher and press the start/pause buttons.
- Touch and hold the” Heated dry,” “Normal,” “Heated dry,” and “Normal” buttons in the sequence until you hear the beep sound.
- Shut off the door immediately after this step.
- Run the dishwasher and check if the issue is solved.
Alternate ways to reset your dishwasher
As major glitches occur in the control panel, you can reset it by following the steps below:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the electric outlet by disconnecting the electric cord. Turn off the circuit breaker if your dishwasher is hardwired.
- Let the dishwasher stay disconnected for 10 minutes.
- Plug in the dishwasher after 10 minutes.
- Press the start/pause buttons to turn on the control panel.
- Locate the “pots and pans” buttons on the dishwasher’s control panel.
- Press and hold the button for 3 seconds.
- Next, locate the heat button on the control panel. Press and hold it for 3 seconds to start the dry cycle in your dishwasher.
- Now the resetting has been successful. Run the dishwasher and check if the issue is solved.
How do you turn on the diagnose mode on a Whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwasher?
A diagnosed mood helps to spot the recent error codes and other faults in a dishwasher.
If you are unsure of what is causing the issues in your dishwasher, you can get your dishwasher into the diagnosed mood.
Follow the steps below to turn the diagnose mode on the whirlpool dishwasher:
- Turn on the dishwasher by plugging it into the electric outlet.
- Locate the heated dry and normal buttons.
- Press and hold these two buttons in sequence.
- Repeat the step twice to start the diagnostic mode on your dishwasher.
- Now it will start the diagnosis mode in the dishwasher, and you can confirm the causes of the issues at the end of the washing cycle.
Easy steps to check the Whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwasher control panel
Glitches in the control panel are the major issues causing the faults in the dishwasher.
It is important to check what causes the glitches in the control panel.
1. Check for loose wire connections
Disconnect the power supply from the dishwasher by unplugging the power cord from the electric outlet.
Using the screwdriver, disconnect the screws securing the door with the dishwasher.
Remove the door and keep it aside.
Locate the control panel, and check the screws securing it with the dishwasher.
Using a screwdriver, unscrew the control panel from the dishwasher to access the wire connections.
Check if the wires are damaged and are loosely connected.
Replace them with new ones if you find them faulty.
Doing this will solve the major issues in the dishwasher.
2. Check if the touchpad is working properly
If the touchpad is not responding to the inputs, it may be due to faulty electrical components or glitches in the control panel.
Follow the steps below to check the touchpad.
Disconnect the power supply from the dishwasher.
Or turn off the circuit breaker if your dishwasher is hardwired.
Disconnect the control panel from the dishwasher by removing the screws securing it.
Locate the ribbon connected between the touchpad and the control panel.
If the ribbon is damaged, you must replace it.
Reconnect the control panel and plug in the dishwasher to the electric outlet.
How can you reset the Whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwasher that won’t start?
A whirlpool quiet partner dishwasher won’t start may be due to the control panel issues or when the control lock or the delayed washing cycle is activated.
You can reset the dishwasher by pressing the start/pause button for 3 seconds.
You can try doing the hard reset by following the steps mentioned earlier in the article.
If your whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwasher is not starting, draining, or drying the dishes, you must reset it to bring it back to working condition. Resetting a dishwasher will solve the major issues in the dishwasher; however, if the parts of it become faulty, you must replace them.
You can reset your Whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwashers in two ways: hard or soft reset. To do the hard reset, you must unplug the dishwasher from the electric outlet and let it sit for 10 minutes. Connect the dishwasher back to the power supply after 10 minutes.
You must do the soft reset if the hard reset doesn’t fix the issue. As mentioned in the article, you can soft reset your dishwasher by pressing the” heated dry” and “normal” buttons.
You must also run the dishwasher to a diagnostic mode by following the steps mentioned in the article. If you struggle to locate the mentioned buttons in the dishwasher, consider referring to the user manual.
- How Do You Cap Off A Dishwasher Drain Line?
- 2 Ways To Reset LG Dishwasher (Complete Guide)
- How To Fix IE Error On LG Dishwasher?
- LG Dishwasher CL Code: Causes+Fix
- 10 Ways To Fix Dishwasher Leaking Into Basement
- Dishwasher Seal Keeps Coming Off: 4 Causes+Fix
Reference: Whirlpool Dishwasher manual.