If your Frigidaire refrigerator temperature is not set properly, there is a chance that the food inside the refrigerator will get spoilt or freeze. It is important to set the temperature right after you bring it home.
You can set the temperature on your Frigidaire refrigerator temperature using the “+” and “-” buttons on the control panel. If the temperature is lower than it should be, press the “+” button to increase it or the “-” button to decrease it. Older refrigerators have manual dials for the same.
In this article, I will explain 3 simple ways to set the temperature of your Frigidaire refrigerator. So, keep reading.
Check out our list of top-handpicked products for all your electrical, appliance, and HVAC system needs to keep your home running smoothly.This post includes some affiliate links.
How to set up the temperature on the Frigidaire refrigerator?
Setting the temperature of your Frigidaire refrigerator might seem daunting, but it is easy once you know the steps.
Here are 3 simple steps to set the temperature on a Frigidaire refrigerator.
1. Set the temperature by the control panel
The easiest way to set the temperature is from the control panel.
If your refrigerator has a control panel, press the “+” button to increase the temperature and press the “-” button to decrease the temperature.
Here is how you can do that:
- First, press the options button, and the menu pops up here. You can see their “refrigeration temp” option.
- Press the down button until you get to the “refrigeration temp” option.
- Once done, press the plus button to increase the temp and the minus button to decrease the temp.
- When you change the temperature, you need to press the set button to set it, or if you wait long enough, the temperature will set itself.
- You can also change the unit of the temperature. To do that, press the down button until you get the “mode” option. Then press the plus button to change it to celsius or the plus button again to Fahrenheit.
- To exit from the menu, press the “option” button, which returns you to the main screen.
2. Set the temperature by the thermostat
If your refrigerator is older, you can find a thermostat.
You need to turn the thermostat left and right to adjust the temperature.
Here is how you can do that:
- Open the fridge door and find the temperature thermostat inside the fridge. The temperature dial may range from 1 to 5 or 1 to 10 or simply cool to coolest options. The setting can vary from brand and model.
- If you want a cooler temperature, rotate the dial towards the coolest. And for warmer temperatures, rotate the control towards cool. Let the temperature stabilize by making gradual and little changes.
- If the freezer’s temperature is too cold and the refrigerator’s temperature is right, change the freezer to a warmer temperature.
- If the refrigerator temperature is too cold, but the freezer is fine, then adjust the refrigerator to a warmer setting. Adjusting the refrigerator temperature control changes the temperature in the refrigerator and freezer.
- After you set the slide and thermostat according to the situation, wait for a day. This will allow the temperature to stabilize.
- Now check the fridge temperature and adjust it if required.
3. Set the temperature by changing the numbers
If your refrigerator is older, you can find a dial inside the refrigerator where you can find printed numbers from 1 to 9 or 1 to 5 on the dial.
By changing this number, you can adjust the temperature of the refrigerator.
Here is how you can do that:
- You can set the dial in the middle if you want to keep your refrigerator in neutral mode. For instance, If the dial numbers are from 1 to 5, set it at 3; if the dial numbers are from 1 to 9, set it at 4 to get a neutral temperature.
- If you want the temperature of the refrigerator to be colder, increase the number, and it will set the temperature to colder. If the current number is 3 in 1 to 5 dial, then increase the number to 4 to get a colder temperature. Or if the number is 4 on a 1-9 dial, then set it to 5.
- Keep your refrigerator in this mode for 12 hours to 1 day to stabilize the temperature.
- After 24 hours, check the refrigerator to see if it is at the desired temperature.
What is the ideal fridge temperature in a Frigidaire refrigerator?
The refrigerator temperature varies from place to place.
If your Frigidaire refrigerator has a digital control panel, then the temperature for the fresh food compartment should be 37°F, and the freezer temperature should be 0°F.
If the refrigerator is multi-door and has a custom flex temp drawer, the fresh food compartment temperature should be 39°F.
If your refrigerator has a dial, the ideal setting should be “normal” mode.
How to reset the temperature of a Frigidaire refrigerator?
If you set the refrigerator in colder or warmer mode, but the setting is not working, then you need to reset the refrigerator’s temperature.
To reset the temperature of the refrigerator, follow the below steps:
- Disconnect your refrigerator’s power cord from your house’s power supply and keep it unplugged for 10-15 minutes in this position. Otherwise, the reset won’t work.
- After 10-15 minutes of unplugging it, turn off the fridge and refrigerator from the control panel.
- Once it is done, plug the refrigerator in again.
- Now you need to reset the refrigerator. To do that, you need to set it to neutral mode. Set the number 4 or 5 for a dial or normal mode for a thermostat. Or, if your refrigerator has a digital control panel, set it at 37°F.
- Once you reset the temperature, keep the refrigerator at this temperature for 24 hrs to stabilize the temperature.
Once it is done, you will completely reset your refrigerator temperature.
How to keep your refrigerator temperature cool?
If you want to stop the temperature fluctuations of your refrigerator and keep it at a safe temperature, apply these tips.
- Keep your refrigerator door closed, don’t open it frequently. And it will save your food from being spoiled.
- Keep your refrigerator away from the wall so that air can flow around the refrigerator.
- Keep your refrigerator full always rather than half-filled and empty so that it can take less energy.
- Check the door seal of the refrigerator once a week. Check if it is worn out or damaged. If the seal is not airtight or damaged, you must replace it.
- Buy a new fridge thermometer to check the temperature of different appliances inside the refrigerator.
Setting the right temperature for your Frigidaire refrigerator is crucial to keep the food fresh and edible. The wrong temperature or temperature fluctuations can lead to different problems, including spoiled food.
You can set the temperature of your Frigidaire refrigerator using the buttons on the control panel, the thermostat, or by changing the numbers. It can vary based on the model of your Frigidaire refrigerator.
If you cannot set the temperature right after following all the steps mentioned above, check the user manual for instructions or seek professional help.
- Frigidaire Refrigerator Not Cooling But Freezer Works: 5 Quick Fix
- How To Reset Frigidaire Refrigerator.
Reference: Frigidaire Official Troubleshooting Guide.